If you’re a writer or an event organiser and you want to brush up your marketing skills, our friends at Eden Arts have negotiated a discount for All About Audiences’ Introduction to Marketing workshop at Theatre by the Lake on Thursday 1 March.
If you’re not sure where to start, lacking resources and juggling multiple priorities, it can be easy to shy away from marketing, but it doesn’t need to be hard, expensive or time consuming – you just need to get the basics right. It’s all about good communication – and if you’re a writer, you’re probably half way there.
This practical workshop is specifically designed for those who are new to marketing and those looking for basic advice. The session will involve hands-on activities and exercises, and attendees will take away useful tips and templates to get started.
The workshop will cover:
- What is marketing?
- What is audience development?
- The Marketing Mix
- Marketing planning (SWOT, segmentation)
- Marketing on a shoestring
- Principles of good print
- Writing press releases and dealing with the media
- Digital marketing
- Data protection
- Monitoring and evaluation
Expect to learn:
- the basic principles of marketing
- how to plan a targeted marketing campaign
- how to make the most of your resources
- how to communicate effectively with your audience
- how to write engagingly about your ‘product’
- how to make an informed decision about which tools will work for you
The workshop runs from 10.30am to 4.00pm. The cost would normally be £45.00 + VAT (= £54.00), but book through Eden Arts and get a place for £40.00 including lunch and refreshments.
To book, call Donna Marris on 01768 899444 or email email@example.com, typing ‘Marketing Workshop’ into the subject line of your message.